How to Choose the Best Air Purifier: 6 Factors to Take Into Account
As far as air pollution levels are concerned, some countries have been hit hard, such as India. If you are from any of these countries, we suggest that you take steps to improve your indoor air quality. As a matter of fact, an air purifier makes the perfect gift for your family. But if you are not familiar with these units, you may need help to choose one. In this article, we are going to talk about 6 parameters that you must consider before purchasing these devices for the first time. Read on to find out more.
1. Types of Filters Although air purifiers are made from various components, filters are on top of the list. Ideally, your desired unit should contain a filter that is based on HEPA Technology. Actually, these filters contain layers that can filter different sorts of harmful particles, such as PM10 and PM2.5 particles. These tiny particles may continue to accumulate in your lungs. As a result, you may find it difficult to breathe. In addition, you may suffer from different types of ailments and diseases.
2. Indicators Another important factor is to look for units that contain indicators. These are light-based indicators. The role of these indicators is to alert the user when the air quality is too bad. Some of these devices may feature blue, orange, or red lights. If you get a high-end unit, you may enjoy a live monitor that will give you accurate readings in real-time. But the downside is that these devices are more expensive.
3. CADR Score and Size of your Room Since one type of air purifier may not cover all your needs, we suggest that you consider some essential factors before placing your order. For example, if you have a big room, you cannot purify the air inside it using a small unit. In a big room, installing a small purifier is not a good idea. These small units will consume a lot of energy but won't be able to purify all of the air inside the room. Therefore, you should get a unit that comes with a higher CADR rating.
4. Filter Replacement If you have a vacuum cleaner, you know that it needs to be cleaned on a regular basis. Similarly, you need to take care of the maintenance of your air purifier as well. After a certain period, the filters become clogged and need to be replaced for the proper functioning of the unit. Make sure that you get a unit that does not require a lot of maintenance. In other words, the filter should be easy to clean and replace.
5. Energy Usage Since you will need to run your air purifier from the morning till midnight, you may want to consider the power rating of the unit. If your desired unit is large, it will consume a lot of energy. Besides, you need to consider the noise level of the model before placing your order. Large units require a lot of power. Therefore, you will have to pay higher monthly energy bills. So, these factors should be considered as well.
6. App Connectivity Although this feature is not required, you may find it useful if the device can connect to your mobile phone through a mobile app. With this type of app, you can monitor your device from anywhere in the world. Long story short, we suggest that you give these six factors a thought before purchasing your first air purifier.
If you want to stay tuned to air purifiers, we suggest that you read air purifier news at https://www.olansichina.com/news.html. It's one of the best sources of information.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/James_Yuan/2905567
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10544105