8 Health Risks of Exposure to Air Pollution
If you don't know the importance of the air we breathe in, you need to change your mindset and get to know more about it. Sometimes, it is not possible to view air pollution. But it can still have a great impact on your health. As a matter of fact, many research studies have found that air pollution can affect your health in multiple ways. You cannot even imagine how important it is for you to breathe fresh air. In this article, we are going to talk about 8 types of health risks that you might want to be aware of. Read on to find out more. In the United States, there are two types of air pollution. One is known as ozone, and the other is known as particle pollution. The thing is that these types of pollution can threaten the lives of millions of US citizens. Without further ado, let's talk about health risks caused by poor air quality.
1. Premature Death According to many scientific research studies, whether you are exposed to air pollution for the short term or long term, it can reduce your life expectancy significantly. As a matter of fact, long-term exposure to polluted air may even cause premature deaths. According to medical experts, air pollution has been causing premature deaths for decades. Therefore, it is essential to keep in mind that premature death is one of the most common risks of pollution.
2. Asthma Attacks You will be at higher risk for asthma attacks if you breathe particle pollution and ozone-rich air. As a result, you may have to be hospitalized. You won't be able to go to school or your office for several weeks.
3. Cardiovascular Disease According to statistics, air pollution may put you at a higher risk for stroke and heart attacks.
4. Lung Cancer The World Health Organisation clearly stated that particle pollution can increase your risk for lung cancer. As a matter of fact, it is one of the primary causes of death caused by cancer in the United States.
5. Developmental Damage Long-term exposure to dirty air may reduce lung development in children. As a result, they won't be able to breathe properly.
6. Infections Air pollution may put you at a higher risk for lung infections. As a matter of fact, kids are at higher risk for these infections.
7. Lung Tissue Inflammation Even if you have healthy lungs, you will be more prone to swelling and irritation. You may have to suffer even more if you already suffer from asthma or any other lung disease.
8. Low Weight of Newborn Babies According to some studies, long-term exposure to air pollution can result in lower weight of newborn babies. Plus, it can also increase the infant mortality rate. Long story short, this was a description of the top 8 health risks of long-term exposure to air pollution.
If you want to reduce your risk for these health complications, you can get a good China air purifier. You can find these devices at https://www.oemairpurifier.com/products/.â¨
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/James_Yuan/2905567
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/10538277